by Wing Lam
Wahoo’s Fish Taco
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 1lb Mahi Mahi, Cut into 2 oz fillets
- 16 Corn Tortillas
- 1 Bag Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- 2 Sliced Jalapeno Peppers
- 2 Sliced Serrano Peppers
- 4 Sliced Roma Tomatoes
- 1 Chopped Red Onion
- 5 Heads Garlic
- 4 Cups Shredded White Cabbage
- 5 Radish Heads, Sliced
- 1 Cup Sliced Persian Cucumber
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 1 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 2 Fresh Limes
- 1/2 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup of Sliced Green Onions
- Make salsa. Preheat oven to 375°. Spray cooking sheet and vegetables (2 sliced Jalapeño peppers, 2 sliced Serrano peppers, 4 sliced Roma tomatoes, 1 chopped red onion, 5 heads garlic) with avocado oil. Remove seeds from peppers to make salsa milder. Spread ingredients evenly on sheet. Using middle shelf, cook for 30-40 minutes until cooked. Let veggies cool down and add to blender, with salt and pepper to taste. Pulse a few times to keep chunky. Salsa can be made day before and kept up to one week in refrigerator.
- Make dressing. Squeeze 2 fresh limes and add 1/2 cup of sliced green onions to a mason jar. Shake and let sit for 20 minutes before adding extra virgin olive oil.
- Make slaw. Combine slaw ingredients (4 cups shredded red cabbage, 4 cups shredded white cabbage, 5 sliced radish heads, 1 cup sliced Persian cucumber, 1/2 cup shredded carrots, and 1 cup chopped cilantro) and toss with dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste and let sit for 15 minutes before you start making tacos.
- Cook fish. Take 1 lb Mahi Mahi and cut into 2 oz fillets (other firm white fishes, like Sea Bass, also work). Coat with avocado oil and add salt and pepper to taste. Grill about 1-2 minutes per side and set all 8 pieces aside.
- Warm up tortillas. Spray frying pan with avocado oil and heat up corn tortillas individually. Cover with towel.
- Set up your buffet with plate of tortillas, cooked fish, slaw, shredded Mexican cheese blend, salsa, and lime wedges. Use 2 tortillas per taco, with two tacos per person. Add 1 piece of fish per taco, add slaw, add shredded cheese, top with salsa, and garnish with lime wedge.