Recipe excerpt from:
by Emily Brooke Sandor and Christina Xenos
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon saffron threads
- ½ cup honey
- Combine water, sugar, and saffron threads over medium-high heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in the honey.
- Allow the mixture to steep in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Pour Saffron Honey Simple Syrup into a glass jar, seal, and allow syrup to cool to room temperature before using or storing.
- Store the jar of syrup in the refrigerator for up to one month.