“In addition to expanding our team, we are building what we call our “Trio of Services”: our Food Truck Feeding Program (which we are currently executing), a Rescued Food Program and a Culinary Internship Program that will move us forward as an organization and business. With these two new platforms, we aim to affect change in a person’s life by offering job training and work opportunities in the culinary field which will be of huge support to our restaurant and hospitality partners.”
“2015 marked the end of our first year of feeding and we are incredibly grateful for not only all of the hard work, support and contributions that were made, but also for the learning lessons, challenges and obstacles that we had to overcome to achieve our goals.”
Some of our accomplishments:
- Moved into our fully equipped prep kitchen to support our Food Truck Feeding Program
- Over 5,000 hot and nutritious meals were served to those experiencing food insecurity in Orange County, CA in just nine months.
- The average cost of our high quality, freshly prepared dinner is about $0.50 – almost matching average meal cost provided by food banks across America.
- The Illumination Foundation and Bracken’s Kitchen secured Tuesday night feedings at the Ross Street House in Santa Ana, catering to children who attend their after school program and their families.
- Served approximately 3000 meals to our homeless military veterans at Stand Down Orange County in October
- Launched trial runs for our Chef’s To End Hunger rescued food program
Sign-up for the informative Bracken’s Kitchen’s Newsletter via the Website. It tells the story…