Rachel Hollis, popular blogger and founder of “The Chic Site” (reaches over 1 million users a month) has a new swoon-worthy cookbook out, Upscale DownHome: Family Recipes all Gussied Up. It’s truly the best in Guy Tailgate Comfort Food that’s sure to impress at both family suppers and the fanciest dinner parties.
Rachel puts a finger-licking gourmet twist on classic American favorites in sections that include recipes for:
- Casseroles: balsamic bacon-wrapped meatloaf, bacon and green chili mac n’cheese
- Potluck: loaded baked potato salad, seven-layer salad
- Dips: grilled guacamole, corn dip, chili cheese dip, pizza dip
- Sips: strawberry rosemary moonshine, Grandma’s sweet tea
- Somethin’ Sweet: banana pudding parfaits, Mema’s carrot cake
The Spicy Corn Dip with freshly-fried Tortilla Chips is a crowd-pleaser.
Packed with big flavor and simple enough for a beginner home cook to master, Upscale Downhome focuses on great-tasting food and beautiful presentation that is guaranteed to impress. This is the kind of food that we all like to eat, served up with a chic twist.
Rachel joins us with a fully-leaded, tasty preview.