Show 358, February 2, 2020: Executive Chef Eric Klein, Senior Vice President, Culinary, Wolfgang Puck Catering – Previewing the Oscars Governors Ball

Eric Klein of Wolfgang Puck CateringFor the 26th year Wolfgang Puck Catering will create the exquisite cuisine for the 92nd Oscars Governors Ball at Hollywood & Highland in the Ray Dolby Ballroom which is held after the conclusion of the Oscar broadcast in the Dolby Theater. For this year the menu will be 70 per cent plant-based with the remaining 30 per cent of the menu vegetarian, meat and fish selections. The standout menu was developed by Wolfgang Puck and Eric Klein, Senior Vice President of Culinary & Partner, Wolfgang Puck Catering.

The incredible menu includes Amuse Bouche, Tray-Passed Hors d’Oeuvre, Passed Small Plates (Hot & Cold,) Chef Action Station, Sweets, Boozy Milkshakes, Housemade Valrhona Chocolate Bars, and a Dessert Chef Action Station featuring scooped to order Sorbets on Chinese Donuts.

Since 2013, the Governors Ball has been dedicated to sustainable farming, with more than 50 per cent plant-based and vegetarian dishes offered. The extensive menus have taken into account a number of food allergies and lifestyle eating choices.

Chef Eric Klein takes a brief break from his incredibly busy kitchens to join us.

Play

Show 203, December 24, 2016: Eric Klein, Executive Chef, Vice President Culinary, Wolfgang Puck Catering

Eric KleinFor the last nine years Chef Eric Klein has been the face of Spago Las Vegas for Wolfgang Puck as Partner & Executive Chef. When superstars perform at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace they specifically ask to have Chef Eric cook for them.

Chef Eric just earned a well-deserved promotion within the Wolfgang Puck organization. He’s now back in Los Angeles as Executive Chef of Wolfgang Puck Catering based at Hollywood & Highland, the home of the annual Academy Awards Ceremony at The Dolby Theater.

Wolfgang Puck Catering provides all the food for The Governor’s Ball which follows the Oscar ceremony every year. You can’t find a more prestigious (or demanding) client than The Oscars! Every winner passes through the Governor’s Ball. Talk about pressure to dazzle…

We’ll rattle pans with Chef Eric.

Play

Show 203, December 24, 2016: Eric Klein, Executive Chef, Vice President Culinary, Wolfgang Puck Catering Chef Eric continues…

Eric Klein of Wolfgang Puck CateringFor the last nine years Chef Eric Klein has been the face of Spago Las Vegas for Wolfgang Puck as Partner & Executive Chef. When superstars perform at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace they specifically ask to have Chef Eric cook for them.

Chef Eric just earned a well-deserved promotion within the Wolfgang Puck organization. He’s now back in Los Angeles as Executive Chef of Wolfgang Puck Catering (founded in 1988) based at Hollywood & Highland, the home of the annual Academy Awards Ceremony at The Dolby Theater.

Food journalist Al Mancini (co-creator of the original Eating Las Vegas Guidebook), now a staff writer for the Las Vegas Review Journal, just interviewed Chef Eric in Friday’s (Dec. 23rd) editions of the Las Vegas Review Journal.

Fun Fact: Wolfgang Puck Catering in Los Angeles alone served 4 tons of Beef Short Ribs in December.

Chef Eric is particularly excited about Wolfgang Puck’s Exclusive Test Kitchen based at the Pacific Design Center in West Hollywood. It’s their creative Research & Development kitchen where 8 to 10 lucky guests get a one-of-a-kind, multi-course dinner prepared right in front of them by a brigade of Wolfgang Puck executive chefs. (A truly “only in L.A. experience!)

“A market-inspired twelve course sensory experience collaboratively prepared and served across the pass by our most talented chefs.”

Wolfgang Puck Catering also provides the food for the Rose Parade VIP Lounge on January 2nd, 2017.

 

Play